MEDICAL LAKE, Wash. — UPDATE: The most recent information on this fire can be found here.
All Level 3 (GO NOW!) evacuations due to the 10,014 acre Gray Fire have been lifted. Washington State Department of Natural Resources (DNR) says the fire has burned 185+ structures since it ignited on Friday afternoon. At this time, the fire is 97% contained.
Spokane County declared a state of emergency at noon on Saturday, August 19.
Law enforcement has confirmed that one person has died in this fire.
The latest evacuation map can be found here.
Level 2 (Be Ready To Leave) evacuations are in place for the following areas:
- Salnave to the west
- I-90 and Granite Lake Road on the east
- Baker Road on the south
- Campbell, Lake Street, Medical Lake Four Lakes on the north
Level 1 (Get Ready) evacuations are in place for the following areas:
- Gray Road, Wood Road and I-90 on the west to Salnave
- Granite Lake Road on the east
- Cameron on the south to Baker
- North side of Medical Lake
At this time, there are no evacuation levels for Cheney, according to Washington DNR.
Shelter in Place orders have been issued for:
- Lakeland Village
- Eastern State Hospital
- Martin Hall
- Pine Lodge
Spokane Falls Community College located at 3410 W Whistalks Way. Assistance available at the shelter will include food, cots and other needs. Evacuating residents are encouraged to bring the following:
- Prescription and emergency medication
- Extra clothing
- Pillows, blankets
- Hygiene supplies
- Important documents, and other comfort items
- Special items for children and infants, such as diapers, formulas and toys
- Other items for family members who may have other needs
Large animals: Spokane Fairgrounds, 404 N. Havana, Spokane Valley
This is a developing story. Check back for updates.
HOW TO ADD THE KREM+ APP TO YOUR STREAMING DEVICE
ROKU: add the channel from the ROKU store or by searching for KREM in the Channel Store.
Fire TV: search for "KREM" to find the free app to add to your account. Another option for Fire TV is to have the app delivered directly to your Fire TV through Amazon.
To report a typo or grammatical error, please email email@example.com.