Gonzaga is heavily favored against the Vikings, and comes into the game after its most impressive win of the season, rolling over Kentucky 88-72 in Spokane.
The Bulldogs could end up facing No. 24 Purdue and No. 8 Duke in later rounds, but the team needs to make sure it doesn’t overlook Portland State.
One area the Zags will look to improve is turnovers which have cost them early in the season.
Game time and how to watch
For those of you wondering what channel the Gonzaga-Portland State game is on, here are the details:
The Gonzaga vs Portland State basketball game tips off at 9:30 p.m. pacific time on Thursday, November 24. Fans can watch the game on ESPN. The game will also stream on Watch ESPN.
The game will be played at Veterans Memorial Coliseum in Portland, Oregon.
Bulldogs vs Vikings
Expect there to be a lot of energy in the arena for this opening-round matchup of the Phil Knight Legacy. Portland State will be playing in their hometown, while the Zags are expected to bring a lot of fans along with them from Spokane.
Gonzaga is expected to win big over the Vikings, as the game could be the one break the Bulldogs get in a tough stretch of games.
Gonzaga is in the midst of its toughest non-conference schedule ever. Over a seven-game span, the Zags could potentially play six currently ranked teams, including No. 25 Michigan State, No. 11 Texas, No. 4 Kentucky, No. 24 Purdue, No. 7 Duke, and No. 5 Baylor.
Gonzaga is coming off an 88-72 win over Kentucky, the Bulldogs' most impressive win of the season. Rasir Bolton, Drew Timme, and Julian Strawther each scored 20 or more points. The Bulldogs shot 56% from the field.
The Vikings are coming off a 79-66 win at Oregon State. The team is led in scoring by Jorell Saterfield who is averaging 17.5 points per game.
This is the 27th meeting between Gonzaga and Portland State but the first time the teams have played since 2008.
Watch Locked on Zags on KREM 2+. New episodes post daily. Click here to learn how to add KREM 2+ to Roku and Fire TV.
Upcoming Gonzaga men’s basketball schedule
- Nov. 24-27: Gonzaga at Phil Knight Legacy Tournament (Portland)
- Nov. 24: Gonzaga vs Portland State
- Nov. 25: Gonzaga vs Purdue or West Virginia
- Nov 27: TBD
- Dec. 2: Gonzaga vs Baylor (Sioux Falls, SD)
- Dec. 5: Gonzaga vs Kent State
- Dec. 9: Gonzaga vs Washington
- Dec. 12: Gonzaga vs Northern Illinois
- Dec. 17: Gonzaga vs Alabama (Birmingham, AL)
- Dec. 20: Gonzaga vs Montana
- Dec. 28: Gonzaga vs Eastern Oregon
- Dec. 31: Gonzaga vs Pepperdine
- Jan. 5: Gonzaga at San Francisco
- Jan. 7: Gonzaga at Santa Clara
- Jan. 12: Gonzaga at Brigham Young (BYU)
- Jan. 14: Gonzaga vs Portland
- Jan. 19: Gonzaga vs Loyola Marymount
- Jan. 21: Gonzaga at Pacific
- Jan. 28: Gonzaga at Portland
- Feb. 2: Gonzaga vs Santa Clara
- Feb. 4: Gonzaga at Saint Mary’s
- Feb. 9: Gonzaga vs San Francisco
- Feb. 11: Gonzaga vs Brigham Young (BYU)
- Feb. 16: Gonzaga at Loyola Marymount
- Feb. 18: Gonzaga at Pepperdine
- Feb. 23: Gonzaga vs San Diego
- Feb. 25: Gonzaga vs Saint Mary’s
- Mar. 1: Gonzaga vs Chicago State
HOW TO ADD THE KREM+ APP TO YOUR STREAMING DEVICE
ROKU: add the channel from the ROKU store or by searching for KREM in the Channel Store.
Fire TV: search for "KREM" to find the free app to add to your account. Another option for Fire TV is to have the app delivered directly to your Fire TV through Amazon.
To report a typo or grammatical error, please email email@example.com.