SPOKANE, Wash. — The No.2 Gonzaga Bulldogs (2-1) face yet another tough test as they host No. 4 Kentucky (3-1) in Spokane. The game will be played at Spokane Arena rather than the Zags' usual homecourt in the Kennel.
The matchup features two of the top college basketball players in Gonzaga’s Drew Timme and Kentucky’s Oscar Tshiebwe.
Gonzaga is coming off a rough 93-74 loss to No. 11 Texas, where the team struggled with turnovers. The Longhorns were able to turn 15 Gonzaga turnovers in 27 points.
Kentucky cruised to an easy 106-63 win on Thursday against the South Carolina State Bulldogs, but earlier in the week dropped a double overtime game against Michigan State. Gonzaga beat the Spartans by one point in the Armed Forces Classic earlier this month.
Game time and how to watch
For those of you wondering what channel the Gonzaga-Kentucky game is on, here are the details:
The Gonzaga vs Kentucky basketball game tips off at 4:30 p.m. pacific time on Sunday, November 19. Fans can watch the game on ESPN. The game will also stream on Watch ESPN.
The game will be played at Spokane Arena in Spokane, Washington.
Bulldogs vs Wildcats
While Gonzaga will be playing in their hometown of Spokane, the game is considered a neutral site game as it is being played in Spokane Arena. The Zags are 11-6 all-time inside the Spokane Arena but haven’t played there since 2014.
Gonzaga is in the midst of its toughest non-conference schedule ever. Over a seven-game span, the Zags could potentially play six currently ranked teams, including No. 25 Michigan State, No. 11 Texas, No. 4 Kentucky, No. 24 Purdue, No. 7 Duke, and No. 5 Baylor.
Gonzaga is coming off a 93-74 loss at Texas on Wednesday. Drew Timme scored 18 points and shot 7-of-10 from the field to lead the Zags. Timme also grabbed nine rebounds. Julian Strawther added 13 points in the loss.
Kentucky is led by Oscar Tshiebwe who is averaging 14 points and 12.5 rebounds per game.
The Wildcats have already played two games this week, losing to Michigan State in double-overtime in the Champions Classic on Tuesday, 86-77. Two nights later, Kentucky beat South Carolina State 106-63.
Gonzaga and Kentucky have previously met only once when Kentucky beat Gonzaga in the 2002 Maui Invitational
Watch Locked on Zags on KREM 2+. New episodes post daily. Click here to learn how to add KREM 2+ to Roku and Fire TV.
Upcoming Gonzaga men’s basketball schedule
- Nov. 20: Gonzaga vs Kentucky (Spokane Arena) (SOLD OUT)
- Nov. 24-27: Gonzaga at Phil Knight Legacy Tournament (Portland)
- Nov. 24: Gonzaga vs Portland State
- Nov. 25: Gonzaga vs Purdue or West Virginia
- Nov 27: TBD
- Dec. 2: Gonzaga vs Baylor (Sioux Falls, SD)
- Dec. 5: Gonzaga vs Kent State
- Dec. 9: Gonzaga vs Washington
- Dec. 12: Gonzaga vs Northern Illinois
- Dec. 17: Gonzaga vs Alabama (Birmingham, AL)
- Dec. 20: Gonzaga vs Montana
- Dec. 28: Gonzaga vs Eastern Oregon
- Dec. 31: Gonzaga vs Pepperdine
- Jan. 5: Gonzaga at San Francisco
- Jan. 7: Gonzaga at Santa Clara
- Jan. 12: Gonzaga at Brigham Young (BYU)
- Jan. 14: Gonzaga vs Portland
- Jan. 19: Gonzaga vs Loyola Marymount
- Jan. 21: Gonzaga at Pacific
- Jan. 28: Gonzaga at Portland
- Feb. 2: Gonzaga vs Santa Clara
- Feb. 4: Gonzaga at Saint Mary’s
- Feb. 9: Gonzaga vs San Francisco
- Feb. 11: Gonzaga vs Brigham Young (BYU)
- Feb. 16: Gonzaga at Loyola Marymount
- Feb. 18: Gonzaga at Pepperdine
- Feb. 23: Gonzaga vs San Diego
- Feb. 25: Gonzaga vs Saint Mary’s
- Mar. 1: Gonzaga vs Chicago State
HOW TO ADD THE KREM+ APP TO YOUR STREAMING DEVICE
ROKU: add the channel from the ROKU store or by searching for KREM in the Channel Store.
Fire TV: search for "KREM" to find the free app to add to your account. Another option for Fire TV is to have the app delivered directly to your Fire TV through Amazon.
To report a typo or grammatical error, please email firstname.lastname@example.org.