SPOKANE, Wash. — Thanksgiving is on the way and that means last-minute trips to grocery stores and other businesses But customers will have to plan ahead this year because many major retailers will close during the Thanksgiving on Thursday in the Inland Northwest.
Last year COVID-19 pandemic forced many retail stores to closed their doors on Thanksgiving, some for the first time in years.
This year many major retailer stores like JCPenney, Target, Walmart, Best Buy, and Kohl's started offering early holiday deals ahead of Black Friday. Some people started their Christmas shopping earlier, and others will wait until Black Friday.
Here is the list of stores and local businesses closing this Thanksgiving
- Spokane City Hall will be closed on Nov. 25 and 26. Residents and visitors don’t have to plug parking meters on Thanksgiving Day.
- The City libraries and Waste-to-Energy Facility site will be closed for Thanksgiving and open during regular hours for the rest of the week. Garbage pickup and curbside recycling will be a day late.
- Attractions in Riverfront Park will be closed for Thanksgiving Day but open the rest of the week. Here is the full list of attraction times.
- Spokane NorthTown Mall and Spokane Valley Mall will be closed but we will open on Friday at 9 a.m.
- REI will be closed for Thanksgiving and Black Friday.
- Target will reopen for Black Friday from 7 a.m. to 10 p.m. on Friday.
- JCPenney will open back up on Friday.
- Walmart announced all U.S. store locations will close for Thanksgiving, as a ‘thank you’ to associates for their continued hard work during the pandemic. The store will reopen on Friday, Nov. 26 at 5 a.m. for Black Friday.
- Fred Mayer will close at 3 p.m. on Thanksgiving and will be opening back on Black Friday at 5 a.m.
- WinCo will close at 3 p.m. on Thanksgiving and will be opening back on Black Friday at 7 a.m.
- Yokes will close at 3 p.m. on Thanksgiving and opening at its regular hours on Black Friday. Store location opening times vary around the Spokane areas.
- Trader Joe's
- Best Buy
- Home Depot
If you need to make a last minute trip to the store, the following grocery stores and pharmacies will remain open during their regular hours for Thanksgiving:
- Dollar Store
- Big Lots
To make sure these store hours apply in your area, call the store in advance or visit their online website for store hours.