SPOKANE VALLEY, Wash. — The American Red Cross is opening a shelter for evacuees of the apartment fire in Spokane Valley on Saturday night.
The fire occurred at an apartment complex near Farr and Appleway.
When crews arrived they could see large flames coming from one of the buildings, according to Cpt. Craig Warzon of the Spokane Valley Fire Department.
At least six apartments caught fire, forcing people to evacuate. Fire crews believe the fire started on a 3rd floor balcony and spread throughout the building. Warzon said.
No injuries were reported, however, one dog died in the fire.
The Red Cross encourages residents to bring items like prescription medications, extra clothing, pillows, blankets, hygiene supplies, important documents and other comfort items. .