SPOKANE, Wash. — When is Tom's Turkey Drive? Right now! There are many ways to help feed 11,000 families this Thanksgiving. We've made it easy and safe. You can visit any area Rosauers or make an on-line donation. $20 buys a Thanksgiving meal for a family of four. We accept all donation amounts. Every dollar does matter and will go toward buying Thankgiving meals and feeding families throughout the Inland Northwest through Second Harvest.
How do I donate? We have set up different ways to give to Tom’s Turkey Drive.
- Shop at any area Rosauers the month of November and you can buy a Tom’s Turkey Drive meal for $20. Rosauers will allow you to add it to your grocery bill on-line or in-store.
- You can donate to 2-harvest.org/turkeydrive
- You can mail a check to Second Harvest, 1234 E. Front Ave, Spokane, WA 99203
Where does the donation go? KREM 2 partners with Second Harvest on everything Tom's Turkey Drive. Please make all checks to Second Harvest with Tom's Turkey Drive in the memo. Second Harvest is a non-profit dedicated to feeding our local families. All money is used to purchase the 11,000 meals. Whatever money is left is given to Second Harvest to continue the fight against hunger and feed families.
How much is a meal? $20 buys a complete Thanksgiving meal for a family of four. The contents will include: Frozen Turkey, Franz rolls & stuffing, Darigold milk ( 1/2 gallon), 1lb walnuts, 5lb bag potatoes, 5lb bag apples, canned cranberry, canned olives, canned vegetables (2), canned soup.
How do I volunteer for Tom's Turkey Drive? Due to COVID, our volunteer opportunities look a little different then in years past. However, we could use your help for a variety of events! Please visit the Second Harvest volunteer hub to find a time and date that works for you. https://inland.volunteerhub.com/#_=_
How do I get my business or organization involved in donating? Thank you for asking! We could use your help. It’s easy. If you want to donate through/or with your business and be on-air just send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org. We will contact you and find out how we can safely showcase your business. Through pictures, video, Zoom, Teams and many other ways we can make sure you and your team can participate in Tom’s Turkey Drive.
Will there be Tom’s Turkey Drive @ Starbucks this year? YES. We are excited to announce that Starbucks is hosting Tom’s Turkey Drive @ Starbucks November 16th, 3p-5p. Drive through or walk-in any participating, free-standing location and buy your favorite handcrafted coffee beverage. All profits from those drinks will go to Tom’s Turkey Drive. Also, November 15th-19th Starbucks will have QR codes on all its hot beverage cups served. That means, you can just scan the code with your phone and make a donation. Starbucks is a long-time supporter of Tom’s Turkey Drive and is committed to fighting hunger. They will a
How will I get a meal this year?
Tom's Turkey Tuesday has its major distribution from the Spokane County Fairgrounds. There is also a smaller distribution at Second Harvest for transit riders as well. Please see below for details:
- Tom's Turkey Tuesday: November 23rd
- Time: Tentative: 7am-5pm or until meals last
- Location: Spokane County Fairgrounds
- Drive-through only at the fairgrounds -for safety
- Transit riders: 1234 E. Front (Second Harvest) Distribution from 10a-3pm
How do I contact someone with Tom's Turkey Drive? We would love to chat with you. please email us at email@example.com and we will do our best to get back to you in a timely manner. If you have specific questions for Second Harvest, please contact them at 509-534-6678.
Where can I get help when the turkeys run out?
- Caritas Outreach Ministries: Wednesday, November 24: 10:30 a.m. – 1:30 p.m. 1228 W Nebraska Ave, Spokane, WA 99205; (509) 326-2249 Clients are a priority during this event, but based on availability non-registered neighborhood members may be able to receive a meal box.
- Mead Food Bank: Wednesday, November 24: 4 p.m. – 6:45 p.m. 12509 N Market St, Mead, WA 99021; (509) 979-2005 Distribution for food bank clients only.
- The City Gate: Wednesday, November 24: 12 p.m. – 2 p.m. 170 S Madison St, Spokane, WA 99201. Thanksgiving meal open to everyone while supplies last.
- Blessings Under the Bridge: Wednesday, November 24: 6 p.m. 4th & McClellan. Free Thanksgiving meals, masks required.
- Union Gospel mission: Wednesday, November 24: 4:30 p.m. – 6:30 p.m. 1224 E. Trent. Free Thanksgiving meals (to-g0) while supplies last.
- Greater Spokane Meals on Wheels: Wednesday, November 24: 11 a.m. Silver Café. Thanksgiving meals for seniors aged 60 and older. A $5 donation for meals is appreciated, but not required. List of locations below. Please call the Silver Café if you have any questions.
- Fresh Soul: Thursday, November 25: 9 a.m. until supplies last 3029 E 5th Ave, Spokane, WA 99202. Free meal distribution (to-go) for the first 100 people. Soul food.
- West Central Abbey: Thursday, November 25: 1 p.m. – 2 p.m. 1832 W. Dean Free Thanksgiving meals (to-go). Masks required.
- Veterans of Foreign Post Wars 3067: Saturday, November 27: 5 p.m. – 7 p.m. 29 E. First, Deer Park 509-276-5761 Thanksgiving meals, a $10 to benefit veterans’ programs is appreciated.
- Feed Cheney: Monday, November 29: 5:30 p.m. 615 Fourth, 509-498-9250 Free Thanksgiving meals.