- 1 package beef hot dogs
- 1/2 cup chopped onion
- 2 teaspoons minced garlic
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 4 soft hoagie rolls (6 to 7 inches long each)
- Ketchup, yellow mustard, diced onion, chopped tomatoes, shredded lettuce (optional)
- Grill hot dogs until cooked through
- Split rolls, cutting almost, but not all the way through. Place grilled hot dog in buns. Top with condiments, as desired or prepare using recipe variations below.
Coney Island Variation: Top hot dog with heated chili or chili beans, chopped onions, shredded Cheddar cheese and yellow mustard, as desired.
Philly Steak Variation: Top hot dog with process cheese dip or sliced Provolone cheese. Cover; let stand 3 to 5 minutes or until cheese is melted.
Italian Variation: Place hot dog in bun, top shredded mozzarella cheese until melted. Top with heated marinara sauce and chopped giardiniera.