These Mexican beef or chicken street tacos require very few ingredients. Most of the ingredients on the list below are spices that I’m sure you already have on hand.
- Flank steak or Boneless Skinless Chicken Thighs
- Fresh Lime Juice
- Olive Oil
- Ground Cumin
- Chili Powder
- Chopped Fresh Cilantro
- Salt and Pepper
- Toppings (onion, cilantro, etc.)
- 3 tbsp cotija cheese
- Lime wedges
- Make the taco marinade by stirring together lime juice, olive oil, garlic, cumin chili powder, cilantro, S&P.
- Pour marinade over beef or chicken in a bag. Let marinate in fridge 1 – 6 hours.
- Cook on hot preheated grill, about 5 minutes per side.
- Let rest briefly, then dice into cubes.
- Layer into to warmed tortillas and top as desired.