- 2 beef T-Bone Steaks, cut 1 inch thick (about 2 pounds)
- 4 ears sweet corn, in husks
- 3 tablespoons butter
- 1/2 cup prepared steak sauce
- 2 teaspoons minced garlic
- 1-1/2 teaspoons chile powder
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cumin
1. Peel corn, leaving husks attached at base; remove silk. Rewrap corn in husks; tie closed. Soak in cold water 30 minutes. Combine glaze ingredients; remove and reserve 1/4 cup.
2. Drain corn. Place on grid over medium, ash-covered coals. Grill, covered, 20 to 30 minutes, turning frequently.
3. After 5 or 10 minutes, place beef T-Bone Steaks on grid with corn. Grill, covered, 11 to 16 minutes (over medium heat on preheated gas grill, 15 to 19 minutes) for medium rare (145°F) to medium (160°F) doneness, turning occasionally and brushing with glaze during last 5 minutes.
Two Strip Steaks Boneless, cut 1 inch thick (about 1-1/4 pounds) may be substituted for T-Bone Steaks. For charcoal, grill, covered, 11 to 14 minutes (for gas, grill 11 to 15 minutes) for medium rare to medium doneness, turning occasionally
4. Combine reserved 1/4 cup glaze and butter in 1-cup glass measure. Microwave on HIGH 1-1/2 to 2 minutes, stirring once. Carefully peel corn; brush with chile butter. Serve with steaks and remaining chile butter.