Steak and salad? It's the best of both worlds! Check out this recipe for a beef tenderloin, cranberry and pear salad, and cook alongside Tom Sherry during his BBQ Forecast on KREM 2 News at 5 and 6 p.m. on Thursday, June 3.
Send us your photos of cooking with Tom or this recipe by using the "Near Me" feature on the KREM 2 mobile app or texting them to 509-448-2000.
- 4 beef Tenderloin Steaks, cut 3/4 inch thick (4 ounces each)
- 1/2 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 1 package (5 ounces) mixed baby salad greens
- 1 medium red or green ripe pear, cored, cut into 16 wedges
- 1/4 cup dried cranberries
- 1/4 cup coarsely chopped pecans, toasted
- 1/4 cup crumbled goat cheese (optional)
Honey Mustard Dressing:
- 1/2 cup prepared honey mustard
- 2 to 3 tablespoons water
- 1-1/2 teaspoons olive oil
- 1 teaspoon white wine vinegar
- 1/4 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
1. Season beef Tenderloin Steaks with 1/2 teaspoon pepper. Heat large nonstick skillet over medium heat until hot. Place steaks in skillet; cook 7 to 10 minutes for medium rare (145°F) to medium (160°F) doneness, turning occasionally.
Cook's Tip: To grill, place steaks on grid over medium, ash-covered coals. Grill steaks, covered, 7 to 10 minutes (timings remain the same for gas grill) for medium rare (145°F) to medium (160°F) doneness, turning occasionally. Do not overcook.
2. Meanwhile whisk Honey Mustard Dressing ingredients in small bowl until well blended. Set aside. Divide greens evenly among 4 plates. Top evenly with pear wedges and dried cranberries.
3. Carve steaks into thin slices; season with salt, as desired. Divide steak slices evenly over salads. Top each salad evenly with dressing, pecans and goat cheese, if desired.