- 3/4 cup lemon-lime soda
- 1/2 cup reduced-sodium soy sauce
- 1/2 cup canola oil, divided
- 2 pounds boneless skinless chicken breasts or beef tenderloins, cut into 1-inch cubes
- 3 medium zucchinis, cut into 1-inch pieces
- 2 medium red onions, cut into 1-inch pieces
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
In a large resealable plastic bag, combine soda, soy sauce and 1/4 cup oil. Add chicken; seal bag and turn to coat. Refrigerate 8 hours or overnight.
Drain chicken and beef, discarding marinade. On eight metal or soaked wooden skewers, alternately thread chicken, beef and vegetables. Brush vegetables with remaining oil; sprinkle with salt and pepper.
On a greased grill, cook kabobs, covered, over medium heat 8-10 minutes or until chicken is no longer pink and vegetables are tender, turning occasionally.
Serve with rice