SPOKANE, Wash. — Check out this recipe for Korean beef tacos and cook alongside Tom Sherry during his BBQ Forecast on KREM 2 News at 5 and 6 p.m. on Thursday, Aug. 26.
Send us your photos of cooking with Tom or this recipe by using the "Near Me" feature on the KREM 2 mobile app or texting them to 509-448-2000.
Beef Marinade Ingredients:
- 1 ½ lb flank steak
- 4 Tbsp sesame oil
- 4 garlic cloves minced
- 1 Tbsp fresh ginger grated (optional but nice)
- 1/4 cup soy sauce
- 1/4 cup packed light brown sugar press it into the cup
- 1 tsp ground black pepper
- 1/4 cup hot water
- I package cabbage coleslaw
- Lime and avocado for garnish
- Tortilla shells
Sauce for Taco
- 1/4 cup mayonnaise
- 1 tsp Sriracha hot sauce
- 2 Tbsp fresh lime juice (plus lime wedges to serve if desired)
- Thinly slice beef against the grain and place in medium bowl.
- Stir together all marinade ingredients until sugar dissolves, pour over sliced meat and stir to combine. Cover and refrigerate 4 hours or overnight for best results.
- Sauté marinated beef on grill until cooked through.
- Stir together all taco sauce ingredients. Pour into squeeze bottle or for easier drizzling, transfer to a plastic bag and snip off the corner.
- To assemble tacos, place meat over toasted tortillas and cover with generous amount of slaw. Garnish cilantro, diced avocado and drizzle generously with taco sauce. If desired, add a squeeze of fresh lime juice for extra freshness.