SPOKANE, Wash. — Check out this recipe for Grilled Top Round Steak with Parmesan Asparagus and cook alongside Tom Sherry during his BBQ Forecast on KREM 2 News at 5 and 6 p.m. on Thursday, July 15.
Send us your photos of cooking with Tom or this recipe by using the "Near Me" feature on the KREM 2 mobile app or texting them to 509-448-2000.
- 1 beef Top Round Steak, cut 3/4 inch thick (about 1 pound)
- 1 pound asparagus, trimmed
- 1 teaspoon olive oil
- 3 tablespoons shaved Parmesan cheese
- 1/4 cup red wine vinegar
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 teaspoons steak seasoning blend
- 2 teaspoons minced garlic
- 1 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes
1. Combine Marinade ingredients in medium bowl. Place beef Top Round Steak and marinade in food-safe plastic bag; turn steak to coat. Close bag securely and marinate in refrigerator 6 hours or as long as overnight, turning occasionally.
2. Remove steak from marinade; discard marinade. Toss asparagus with oil. Place steak in center of grill over medium heat; arrange asparagus around steak. Grill steak, covered, 10 to 11 minutes (over medium heat on preheated gas grill, times remain the same) for medium rare (145°F) doneness, turning occasionally. (Do not overcook) Grill asparagus 6 to 10 minutes (over medium heat on preheated gas grill, covered, 8 to 12 minutes) or until crisp-tender, turning occasionally.
3. Immediately sprinkle cheese over asparagus. Carve steak into thin slices. Season with salt, as desired. Serve with asparagus and French bread (optional).