SPOKANE, Wash. — A simple but flavorful recipe for a Mexican pizza. Tequila, lime and chipotle flavor this tender steak. Perfect on top of a cheesy grilled tortilla.
- 2 beef Skirt Steaks (about 8 ounces each)
- 1 cup cooked fresh or frozen corn kernels
- 1 cup chopped tomato
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh cilantro
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 4 medium whole wheat or flour tortillas (about 8-inch diameter)
- 1 cup Cotija crumbled or Mexican cheese blend
- Chopped fresh cilantro (optional)
- 1/4 cup fresh lime juice
- 1/4 cup tequila
- 1 tablespoon minced chipotle pepper in adobo sauce
- Combine marinade ingredients in small bowl. Reserve 2 tablespoons for topping. Place beef steaks and remaining marinade in food-safe plastic bag; turn steaks to coat. Close bag securely and marinate in refrigerator 15 minutes or up to 2 hours, turning occasionally.
- Meanwhile, combine corn, tomato, 2 tablespoons cilantro, salt and reserved 2 tablespoons marinade in medium bowl. Cover and refrigerate.
- Remove steaks from marinade; discard marinade. Place steaks on grid over medium, ash-covered coals. Grill, covered, 10 to 14 minutes (over medium heat on preheated gas grill, 12 to 16 minutes) for medium rare (145°F) to medium (160°F) doneness, turning occasionally.
- Remove steaks; keep warm. Place tortillas on grid. Grill, covered, 1 to 2 minutes or until toasted. Turn tortillas over; sprinkle evenly with cheese. Grill 1 to 2 minutes or until toasted and cheese starts to melt.
- Carve steak into thin slices. Season with salt, as desired. Top tortillas with equal amounts of beef and corn mixture. Garnish with cilantro, if desired.
RELATED: Tom's BBQ Forecast: Beer brats
RELATED: Tom's BBQ forecast: Street tacos