SPOKANE, Wash. — Check out this recipe for grilled salmon in foil with cucumber salad and cook alongside Tom Sherry during his BBQ Forecast on KREM 2 News at 5 and 6 p.m. on Thursday, Aug. 5.
Send us your photos of cooking with Tom or this recipe by using the "Near Me" feature on the KREM 2 mobile app or texting them to 509-448-2000.
- 1 pound salmon fillet, cut into smaller fillets
- Your favorite seasoning salt
- 1 large lemon, sliced into rounds
- Sliced red onion optional
1. Preheat your grill to medium-high and brush off any food particles from the last time you grilled using a wire brush.
2. Place the salmon fillets on one large sheet of foil (or multiple sheets of foil for easier grilling). Sprinkle your favorite seasoning salt. Place lemon slices on top of the salmon fillets and wrap in foil to create a foil packet.
3. Place foil packet on the grill and cover the grill. Cook for 10 to 15 minutes, or until salmon is cooked through (or reaches desired done-ness). Cook times will vary depending on the thickness of the salmon.
4. Use tongs or a metal spatula to remove foil packet from the grill and set it on a plate or cutting board. Allow it to cool enough to handle, then unwrap the foil.
5. Serve salmon with choice of side dishes.
- 2 cucumbers, peeled and chopped into 1/4 slices
- 1 container of cherry tomatoes, chopped
- 1/2 of a red onion, sliced
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 1 1/2 Tablespoons lemon juice
- /2 cup crumbled feta cheese
- Salt and Pepper, to taste
- Black olives, pitted and slice