SPOKANE, Wash. — Check out this recipe for grilled garlic steak skewers, and cook alongside Tom Sherry during his BBQ Forecast on KREM 2 News at 5 and 6 p.m. on Thursday, June 10.
Send us your photos of cooking with Tom or this recipe by using the "Near Me" feature on the KREM 2 mobile app or texting them to 509-448-2000.
- 1 1/2 pounds top sirloin steak
- 2/3 cup soy sauce
- 6 garlic cloves minced
- 1/4 cup sesame oil
- ½ cup vegetable oil
- ½ cup sugar
- 1 Tablespoon grated ginger
- 2 tbsp sesame seeds
- Sliced green onions for garnish
- Cut steak into one inch cubes. Cut the red onion into large chunks and set aside.
- In a large bowl, whisk together soy sauce, garlic, sesame oil, vegetable oil, sugar, ginger and sesame seeds. Add the steak and toss to coat in marinade. Marinate for 3 hours or overnight.
Preheat the grill to medium high heat. Thread the meat and the red onion onto the skewers. Grill for 8-10 minutes until the meat is done to desired liking.
Serve with rice. Enjoy!