SPOKANE, Wash — Check out this recipe for Asian BBQ Petite Sirloin Steaks and cook alongside Tom Sherry during his BBQ Forecast on KREM 2 News at 5 and 6 p.m. on Thursday, July 8.
Send us your photos of cooking with Tom or this recipe by using the "Near Me" feature on the KREM 2 mobile app or texting them to 509-448-2000.
- 4 x petite sirloin steaks 3/4 inch thick (about 1 pound)
- Salt and pepper
- Sliced green onions (optional)
- 1/2 cup ketchup
- 1/4 cup hoisin sauce
- 1/4 cup orange juice
- 2 teaspoons minced fresh ginger
- Combine marinade ingredients in small bowl. Remove and refrigerate 1/2 cup for sauce. Place steaks and remaining marinade in food-safe plastic bag; turn steak to coat. Close bag securely and marinate in refrigerator 6 hours or as long as overnight, turning occasionally.
- Remove steak from marinade; discard marinade. Place steak on grid over medium, ash-covered coals. Grill, covered, 10 to 11 minutes (over medium heat on preheated gas grill, times remain the same) for medium rare (145°F) doneness, turning occasionally. (Do not overcook.)
- Meanwhile pour reserved marinade into small microwave-safe dish; cover with vented plastic wrap. Microwave on HIGH 1 to 1-1/2 minutes or until heated through, stirring every 30 seconds. Season steaks with salt and pepper, as desired. Serve with sauce and green onions, if desired.
Serving with deli potato salad! Enjoy!