Tequila? Check. Steak? Oh yeah. Pizza? Yes, please! All three at once? It's an exotic menage trois for your taste buds that'll have you coming back for more!
- 2 beef Flat Iron Steaks (about 8 ounces each)
- 1 cup cooked fresh or frozen corn kernels
- 1 cup chopped tomato
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh cilantro
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 4 medium whole wheat or flour tortillas (about 8-inch diameter)
- 1 cup shredded Chihuahua cheese or Mexican cheese blend
- Chopped fresh cilantro (optional)
- 1/4 cup fresh lime juice
- 1/4 cup tequila
- 1 tablespoon minced chipotle pepper in adobo sauce
- Combine marinade ingredients in a small bowl. Reserve 2 tablespoons for topping. Place beef steaks and remaining marinade in a food-safe plastic bag; turn steaks to coat. Close the bag securely and marinate in the refrigerator 15 minutes or up to 2 hours, turning occasionally.
- Meanwhile, combine corn, tomato, 2 tablespoons cilantro, salt and reserved 2 tablespoons marinade in a medium bowl. Cover and refrigerate.
- Remove steaks from marinade; discard marinade. Place steaks on a grid over medium, ash-covered coals. Grill, covered, 10 to 14 minutes (over medium heat on a preheated gas grill, 12 to 16 minutes) for medium rare (145°F) to medium (160°F) doneness, turning occasionally.
- Remove steaks; keep warm. Place tortillas on a gri. Grill, covered, 1 to 2 minutes or until toasted. Turn tortillas over; sprinkle evenly with cheese. Grill 1 to 2 minutes or until toasted and the cheese starts to melt.
- Carve steak into thin slices. Season with salt, as desired. Top tortillas with equal amounts of beef and corn mixture. Garnish with cilantro, if desired.