SEATTLE — The National Park Service is waiving entrance fees on Saturday to celebrate the first day of National Park Week.
More than 100 sites and parks are participating nationally. Four locations are in Washington state, including Mount Rainier National Park, Olympic National Park, Fort Vancouver National Historic Site, and Lewis & Clark National Historical Park.
The fee waiver does not apply to state parks or state wildlife or natural areas.
Fees will be waived at national parks that charge an entrance fee, but reservation, camping, and tour fees will still be collected.
Other entrance-free dates in 2021 are listed below:
- April 17: First day of National Park Week
- August 4: One year anniversary of the Great American Outdoors Act
- August 25: National Park Service Birthday
- September 25: National Public Lands Day
- November 11: Veterans Day