The Zags (5-2) fell eight spots to No. 14 in the latest poll in a week that saw them go 2-1 and finish third in the Phil Knight Legacy. Gonzaga beat Portland State 102-78 on Thursday, lost to Purdue 66-84 on Friday, and beat Xavier 88-84 on Sunday.
This is the first time the Gonzaga men’s basketball team has been out of the Top 10 in the AP Poll since Feb. 5, 2018.
The Zags are in the middle of their most difficult non-conference schedule ever. The team has already faced four teams in the AP Top 25 and will next face No. 6 Baylor on Friday in the Peacock Classic. That game will be played at the Sanford Pentagon in Sioux Falls, SD.
Purdue, which beat both Gonzaga and Duke on the way to winning the Phil Knight Legacy, jumped from No. 24 all the way to No. 5.
Houston claimed the No. 1 spot in this week’s poll. It’s the school’s first time in the No. 1 spot since 1983. Texas, Virginia, and Arizona round out the top four. Last week’s No. 1, North Carolina tumbled 17 spots to No. 18.
Watch Locked on Zags on KREM 2+. New episodes post daily. Click here to learn how to add KREM 2+ to Roku and Fire TV.
Upcoming Gonzaga men’s basketball schedule
- Dec. 2: Gonzaga vs Baylor (Sioux Falls, SD)
- Dec. 5: Gonzaga vs Kent State
- Dec. 9: Gonzaga vs Washington
- Dec. 12: Gonzaga vs Northern Illinois
- Dec. 17: Gonzaga vs Alabama (Birmingham, AL)
- Dec. 20: Gonzaga vs Montana
- Dec. 28: Gonzaga vs Eastern Oregon
- Dec. 31: Gonzaga vs Pepperdine
- Jan. 5: Gonzaga at San Francisco
- Jan. 7: Gonzaga at Santa Clara
- Jan. 12: Gonzaga at Brigham Young (BYU)
- Jan. 14: Gonzaga vs Portland
- Jan. 19: Gonzaga vs Loyola Marymount
- Jan. 21: Gonzaga at Pacific
- Jan. 28: Gonzaga at Portland
- Feb. 2: Gonzaga vs Santa Clara
- Feb. 4: Gonzaga at Saint Mary’s
- Feb. 9: Gonzaga vs San Francisco
- Feb. 11: Gonzaga vs Brigham Young (BYU)
- Feb. 16: Gonzaga at Loyola Marymount
- Feb. 18: Gonzaga at Pepperdine
- Feb. 23: Gonzaga vs San Diego
- Feb. 25: Gonzaga vs Saint Mary’s
- Mar. 1: Gonzaga vs Chicago State
HOW TO ADD THE KREM+ APP TO YOUR STREAMING DEVICE
ROKU: add the channel from the ROKU store or by searching for KREM in the Channel Store.
Fire TV: search for "KREM" to find the free app to add to your account. Another option for Fire TV is to have the app delivered directly to your Fire TV through Amazon.
To report a typo or grammatical error, please email firstname.lastname@example.org.