ATHENS, Ga. — On Senior Night, the fourth-ranked Georgia Bulldogs held off Texas A&M by a comparatively low-scoring 19-13 affair on Saturday while other games across the nation were much more exciting and high-flying affairs.
The Dawgs already have the SEC East crown locked up and are waiting for a showdown with West champion and number one-ranked LSU at Mercedes-Benz Stadium, with a trip to the College Football Playoff on the line.
But first, next Saturday, comes some "Good, Old-Fashioned Hate," in the form of the annual tilt with in-state rival Georgia Tech at Bobby Dodd Stadium.
While Georgia has the National Championship in its headlights, for Georgia Tech, this is about bragging rights, and all records go out the window when it comes to next week's game.
As for Saturday's win against A&M, here's what other writers are saying about Georgia as we go into Rivalry Week:
- No. 4 Georgia gets scare before holding off No. 24 Texas A&M - Marc Weizer, Athens (Ga.) Banner Herald/USA Today
- No. 4 Dawgs defense stands tall to take down Aggies - Barrett Sallee
- Here's why Jake Fromm may return to UGA in 2020 - Eric Edholm, Yahoo Sports
- Defense shines, No. 4 Georgia prevails 19-13 vs Texas A&M - Associated Press, ESPN
- Georgia's dominant defense leads Bulldogs to 19-13 win over Texas A&M - Fox Sports
- Ahead of its first SEC meeting with Georgia, Jimbo Fisher hinted at conference scrapping division format - Bryan Fischer, College Football Talk/NBC Sports
Thanksgiving week means football for on the dinner table and plenty of leftovers all weekend long.
The AP rankings will be out Sunday afternoon, followed by the new CFP rankings on Tuesday night. Will Georgia fall out of the Top 4? That's the big question on college fans' minds.
MORE GEORGIA BULLDOGS HEADLINES |