SPOKANE COUNTY, Wash. — Government offices in Spokane County, Coeur d'Alene and other areas around the Inland Northwest will be closed on Sept. 4 in observance of Labor Day.
Labor Day is an annual celebration observed on the first Monday of each September. The United States Department of Labor (DOL) defines the holiday as a "celebration of the social and economic achievements of American workers." The holiday came to be when labor activists began pushing for a federal holiday to recognize employees' contributions to the American workforce.
In observance of Labor Day, several Spokane and Coeur d'Alene government offices will be closed on Monday, Sept. 4.
Here are the government offices that will be closed on Monday, Sept. 4 for Labor Day.
- Spokane City Hall-closed all day
- Spokane City Council meeting-delayed until Sept. 11
- Development Services Center employees will not be available on Labor Day
- My Spokane 311 not available for in-person, online and phone services
- Solid waste services will be a day late all week with Friday’s pickup occurring on Saturday
- Street parking will not require payments
- Spokane Valley City Hall- closed all day
- CenterPlace- closed all day
- Spokane Valley Transfer Station- closed all day
- Waste Management- delayed one day
- Spokane Public Library branches-closed all day
- Spokane Municipal Court and Community Justice Services-closed all day
- Coeur d'Alene City Hall-closed all day
- Trash pickup delayed by one day
- For more information, call Coeur d'Alene City Hall at (208) 769-2300
Government offices and services will open again on Tuesday, Sept. 5.
HOW TO ADD THE KREM+ APP TO YOUR STREAMING DEVICE
ROKU: Add the channel from the ROKU store or by searching for KREM in the Channel Store.
Fire TV: Search for "KREM" to find the free app to add to your account. Another option for Fire TV is to have the app delivered directly to your Fire TV through Amazon.
Apple TV: Search "Spokane News from KREM" in the Apple store or follow this link.
To report a typo or grammatical error, please email email@example.com.