SPOKANE, Wash. – Fire crews were called to Avista Stadium Thursday night to help put out a fire in one of the concession stands.

Witnesses saw flames coming out of the vent but a groundskeeper was able to quickly get the fire out. Officials said the groundskeeper had previous firefighting training.

The man who helped put it out, Michael Bradford, was attending a Spokane Indians game for the very first time. He had just moved to Springdale from California where he is still a part time battalion chief in the Sacramento area. He has been a firefighter for 34.5 years.

KREM

Bradford said he was going to get kettle corn when he saw the flames. He eventually got on the roof with a fire extinguisher to help put the fire.

Officials said the fire was an electrical issue in the women's restroom.