COEUR D’ALENE, Idaho—Two people were found with carbon monoxide poisoning in their home Thursday night.

Kootanai County Fire and Rescue officials said they responded to a call for a possible cardiac arrest after family members found the couple in their home.

Reports said family members were concerned after the couple had missed a doctor’s appointment earlier that day.

Kootanai County Fire and Rescue crews said they removed the two individuals from the home and began life saving measures. Reports said the women could not be revived and the man was transported to Kootenai Health and was later flown to Seattle for further treatment.

Fire officials said they would like to remind anyone who uses a fuel fired heating appliance such as wood, propane and natural gas to ensure that they have working carbon monoxide detectors on each level of their home and outside of sleeping rooms.