TAMPA, Fla. — The holidays can be joyous, but they can also be dangerous.
Friday morning, firefighters demonstrated the dangers of frying a turkey.
In the video above you see just how quickly unsafe turkey frying can go wrong.
Dangers of Frying a Turkey
- Units can easily tip over, spilling hot cooking oil over a large area.
- An overfilled cooking pot or partially frozen turkey will cause cooking oil to spill when the turkey is inserted.
- A small amount of cooking oil coming into contact with the burner can cause a large fire.
What other people are reading right now:
- The 'boat graveyard': Why are there more than a dozen old, sunken boats sitting in Tampa Bay?
- Searching for lost graves at MacDill won’t be easy
- Video shows lightning appearing to hit Emirates plane twice
- Family hopes to reconnect with grieving parents who gave their daughter a special ring at Disney
- Utah woman's stepkids saw her topless. She may have to register as a sex offender
FREE 10NEWS APP: