IDAHO, USA — The Idaho County Sheriff's Office found missing 76-year-old man who was last seen foraging for mushrooms Saturday.
John “Mack” McBoyle was found at 3 p.m. on Tuesday. He was found in the area of Service Flats, which is approximately five miles west of where McBoyle’s vehicle was parked. He was last seen was last seen in the area of forest road 2000, near Fish Creek Campground.
McBoyle was found in fair condition, but disoriented.
“Our efforts were rewarded, and our prayers were answered when Mr. McBoyle was located today. I want to thank Chief Deputy Brian Hewson for his relentless efforts in spearheading the search. I also want to thank all my staff and all the searchers for their efforts. It was amazing to see the outpouring of support from our community,” Sheriff Doug Ulmer said.
Idaho County Sheriff's Office said in a press release they would like to thank all the agencies and people who helped search:
• Two Bear Air
• Fairchild Air Force Search Helicopter
• US Forest Service/IDL 19-man Fire Crew
• Idaho County Sheriff’s Posse
• Grangeville Mountain Rescue Unit
• Bureau of Land Management
• Idaho County Light and Power
• Valley County Search Dogs
• Civil Air Patrol
• Idaho County Coroner’s Office
• Numerous volunteers from the community
Search Dogs, Two Bear Air and Rescue and other volunteers have conducted a thorough search of the area.