SPOKANE, Wash. — Traffic in west Spokane will be impacted after the Maple St. Bridge and TJ Meenach Drive continue to undergo construction.
City officials say crews are now ahead of schedule on the TJ Meenach Drive and Maple St. Bridge projects. Construction will now work on the northbound lanes of the Maple St. Bridge.
Here are the latest detours for the two roadways.
- Starting Saturday, Sept. 16, one traffic lane will be open in each direction on TJ Meenach Drive at Northwest Blvd.
- Traffic detours will be in place on the Maple Street bridge from Sept. 18 to Oct. 6
- All northbound lanes on the bridge are closed and will remain closed until Oct. 6.
- Two southbound lanes will be open during the daytime, but will close every evening from 8 p.m. to 6 a.m.
- Guided routes will be available to help drivers navigate the detours.
- The city recommends taking the Monroe Street Bridge or going north up Division. Significant backups have been reported in this area.
- Another option is to go north up Washington Street.
The Maple Street Bridge project will take about 10 weeks. Officials expect the project to be completed around mid-November. Crews will work overnight as often as possible to keep out of the way of traffic. Drivers are encouraged to find other routes.
HOW TO ADD THE KREM+ APP TO YOUR STREAMING DEVICE
ROKU: Add the channel from the ROKU store or by searching for KREM in the Channel Store.
Fire TV: Search for "KREM" to find the free app to add to your account. Another option for Fire TV is to have the app delivered directly to your Fire TV through Amazon.
Apple TV: Search "Spokane News from KREM" in the Apple store or follow this link.
To report a typo or grammatical error, please email email@example.com.