SPOKANE, Wash. — Spokane placed in the top 10 of Realtor.com's "Surprising Cities That are America's Biggest New Food Destinations."
Spokane came in ninth place for America's new foodie towns.
The list highlighted the Cork District in downtown Spokane, stating that there were 15 wineries within walking distance of one another.
The weekly Kendall Yards Nigh Market also made the list writing that it offers a mix of farmers markets, street food vendors and performances.
Out of the restaurants, Clover and Italia Trattoria were emphasized.
To create the list, the larger, culinary powerhouses including New York City, Chicago, Seattle, Washington D.C., Boston and San Francisco were excluded from the list.
Other criteria included:
- The number of new establishments in each metro included in top restaurant lists from the James Beard Foundation, Eater.com, GQ, and Bon Appétit
- Number of chefs per capita
- Number of full-service restaurants; sales per capita
- Number of coffee shops, bakeries, farmers markets, and breweries, as well as Italian, Chinese, Mexican, Thai, vegan, and steakhouse restaurants per capita
- Share of fast-food restaurants (the lower the better)
- Percentage of homes listed on realtor.com with chef's or gourmet kitchens