SPOKANE, Wash. — Check out this recipe for grilled beer brats and cook alongside Tom Sherry during his BBQ Forecast on KREM 2 News at 5 and 6 p.m. on Thursday, July 1.
Send us your photos of cooking with Tom or this recipe by using the "Near Me" feature on the KREM 2 mobile app or texting them to 509-448-2000.
- 4 cans beer
- 1 onion - large, chopped
- 16 bratwursts
- ½ cube butter
- Preheat the grill to medium-high.
- Add the beer, butter and onions to a large pot and bring to a boil. Add the brats to the boiling mixture.
- Cook the brats on medium heat for 12 more minutes.
- Remove the brats; turn down the heat to low and continue to cook the onions in the beer mixture.
- Place the brats on the preheated grill. Cook until brats are nicely browned. .
- Remove the brats from the grill and serve immediately. Drain the liquid from the cooked onions and serve them as a topping for the brats if desired.
Serve with watermelon and enjoy!