SPOKANE VALLEY, Wash. -- Firefighters were called to the scene of a house that caught fire Friday morning.
The fire was reported on the 10300 block of E. 9th Avenue near S. Felts Road.
Witnesses reported the fire had been put out but smoke was visible for a time.
Investigators said the fire started in an upstairs room. The blaze caused moderate damage to the home.
Nobody was inside at the time. Firefighters originally thought someone may have been trapped inside but the person they thought was home was staying with a relative at the time the fire broke out.