POST FALLS--A gas leak at the Finley Jones Senior Center in Post Falls is forcing seniors and Meals on Wheels to change their plans.
The center was evacuated Monday because a busted furnace was leaking natural gas and making the seniors nauseous.
Meals on Wheels operates out of the center and can only serve certain types of meals now after the leak.
Alison McArthur runs the center. She says they need new furnaces before they can re-open and that will cost $25,000, which is money they don’t have.
The goal is to have the center back up and running next week and pay for the new furnaces with donations as they come in over time.