Grease fire damages South Hill duplex

Print
Email
|

by KREM.com

KREM.com

Posted on January 12, 2013 at 7:18 PM

Updated Sunday, Nov 24 at 8:53 AM

SPOKANE -- Spokane Firefighters battled a duplex fire near 29th and Perry on Spokane’s South Hill Saturday.

The call came in just after 3:00 p.m.

Smoke could be seen coming out of the roof, and firefighters cleared snow off the top of the home.  The fire was brought under control in about 15 minutes.

Officials say the fire was accidentally caused by the preparation of food in the kitchen.  Fire damage to the kitchen was considerable and firefighters had to open up the interior of much of the building to make sure there wasn’t any fire in the walls, ceilings or attic space.

Traffic was detoured off 29th while crews worked to clear the home of smoke.

Red Cross is helping the family who lives in the unit with temporary lodging. 

Print
Email
|