SPOKANE -- A red flag warning issued by the National Weather Service for most of the Inland Northwest has proved true.
Wildfires began sparking all over the region after 1:00 p.m. Thursday, some small and others growing so large they jumped highways.
Here's a quick list of wildfires we've heard of in the last few hours:
- Wawawai and M Hatley Road closes Highway 195 4 miles south of Pullman
- S. Wells and Plaza in Spokane County
- SR 272 and Blair near Palouse
- Curlew Lake
- Arden in Stevens County
- Davenport Fairgrounds
- Mica Bay near Lake Coeur d'Alene
- Mineral Ridge near Lake Coeur d'Alene