SOFIA, Bulgaria (AP) — Bulgaria's interior minister says his country has given Europol the names of the two people suspected in a bus bombing that killed five Israeli tourists last year.
Tsvetan Tsvetanov spoke on the phone from The Hague, where he met Tuesday with Rob Wainwright, director of Europol, an agency that coordinates national police across the European Union.
Tsvetanov told The Associated Press that he had handed Europol all the data collected by the investigation so far. The names of the two suspects, said to be still living, have not been made public.
He says Bulgaria hopes that "a thorough check and analysis will help find new facts about the terrorist act" and that Europol can help trace the financing scheme behind the attack.