Fire burns N. Spokane apartment building

Print
Email
|

by KREM.com

KREM.com

Posted on October 24, 2013 at 1:45 PM

Updated Thursday, Oct 24 at 4:44 PM

SPOKANE, Wash. -- Firefighters responded to an apartment fire Thursday morning in North Spokane.

The fire was reported near E. Mayfair Avenue and N. Central Street, not far from Providence Holy Family Hospital.  Investigators said a plumber using a blow torch in a 2nd floor unit sparked the fire.  Neighbors said they could see flames shooting through the roof.

Crews were able to put the fire out.  Two units were destroyed, displacing three people.

There were no reports of any injuries.


 

Print
Email
|