Are you a wanderer? If so, a new study says Seattle and Portland are great places for you to live in.
The study by CreditDonkey describes a “wanderer” as someone “who always wants to see what’s out there. A person who isn’t afraid to pack up and find something else… who [doesn’t] like to stay in one place for a long time.”
And if you want to find a city to wander to in order to be surrounded by other wanderers like yourself, then here’s the list for you.
Here are the top 10 cities for wanderers:
- Providence, RI
- Washington, DC
- Virginia Beach, VA
- Denver, CO
- Boston, MA
- Bridgeport, CT
- Miami, FL
- Seattle, WA
- Portland, OR
- Tucson, AZ
CreditDonkey compiled this list by using U.S Census data to find:
- Places with a lot of new residents
- Places with a lot of renters
- Places with the most moving companies (to help you move away)
- Places full of people who don’t bother to invest in heavy objects (making it easier to pack up and leave)
- Places with a lot of laundromats (and a lot of people using them)
While neither Seattle nor Portland rank high on the laundromat scale, they do both rank high in renters and new people in town.
Seattle has a rental vacancy rate of 6.6 percent, while Portland’s is 6.1 percent. And, 3.1 percent of the populations in both Oregon and Washington have been there less than a year.
But if you are looking to leave the West Coast and wander somewhere else, maybe Providence, Rhode Island is a good option.