BOISE -- News flash, Boise -- you make a lot of top 10 lists.
The latest, compiled by Simple Moving Labor, named the City of Trees the best place to move for 2014.
That list ranked 10 cities across America in the categories of unemployment, median income, home value growth, and home affordability.
Boise was judged 5th in unemployment, 3rd in median income, 2nd in home value growth, and 1st in home affordability. The overall score put Boise on top of the list.
- Ft. Lauderdale
- Fort Worth
- Salt Lake City
Lots of folks know Boise makes its fair share of top 10 lists. However, did you know the city actually keeps a list of all those lists on its website? Check it out here.
Maryanne Jordan is the Boise City Council President. She says the list underscores the quality of life in Boise, and provides insight on what other people think about Idaho's Capitol City.
Some highlights of the list of lists include:
- Men's Health Magazine, December 2012 -- No. 1 Best Cities for Men 2013
- Brookings Institute, March 2012 -- Top 20 Fastest Recovering Cities
- Livability.com, October 2012 -- No. 4 of Top 10 Downtowns in America
- Triathlete, August 2011 -- Best Places to Live 2011
- CNN Money, September 2011 -- 25 Best Places to Retire
- Women's Health Magazine, December 2010 -- No. 7 Best Places for Women
"Boise embraces itself as a unique community," Jordan told KTVB. "We focus on a lot of local business, a lot of homegrown business. I think it's a very diverse and inclusive community and that's important. And you know ... It's beautiful. How can you not love it?"