Firefighters: Forest Grove elem. students eat de-icing pellets

Firefighters: Forest Grove elem. students eat de-icing pellets

Firefighters: Forest Grove elem. students eat de-icing pellets

Print
Email
|

by Evan Sernoffsky, KGW.com Staff

KREM.com

Posted on December 4, 2013 at 3:57 PM

Updated Wednesday, Dec 4 at 3:57 PM

FOREST GROVE, Ore. – Students at Joseph Gale Elementary School reportedly ate ice-melting pellets spread on the sidewalk outside the school Wednesday, firefighters said.

Early Wednesday afternoon, firefighters rushed to the school after reports 11 students had eaten the pellets, said David Nemeyer with Forest Grove Fire.

After evaluating the kids and calling poison control, firefighters determined the de-icing granules were not toxic and mainly salt based.

The kids were not taken to the hospital and were left in the care of the school nurse.

Firefighters said the kids will likely have stomach aches tonight.


View Larger Map

Print
Email
|