7-year-old alerts family to fire started in dryer

7-year-old alerts family to fire started in dryer

7-year-old alerts family to fire started in dryer

Print
Email
|

by KGW staff

KREM.com

Posted on March 18, 2013 at 5:32 AM

OAK GROVE, Ore. – A 7-year-old girl saved her family from near disaster when she alerted them about a fire that broke out in the middle of the night.

Just before 2 a.m. Sunday morning, two adult homeowners were woken by their daughter, alerting them about heavy smoke filling their home at 2590 SE Walnut Street in Oak Grove, said Jed Walker with the Clackamas Fire District.

The father, who was sound asleep, realized there was a fire in the home and got all four people in the home out, including the family dog.

Firefighters arrived and quickly extinguished the relatively small fire that started in a dryer. Firefighters said the home had no working smoke alarms.

Damages were estimated at $20,000.

Print
Email
|