Boston court evacuated amid marathon bomb probe

Boston court evacuated amid marathon bomb probe

Credit: Getty Images

BOSTON, MA - APRIL 17: Homeland Security, U.S. Marshals, and the Boston Police Department evacuate the John Joseph Moakley United States Courthouse on April 17, 2013 in Boston, Massachusetts. Media had gathered at the courthouse amid conflicting reports on whether or not a suspect in the Boston Marathon bombings had been identified. The twin bombings, which occurred near the finish line of the 116-year-old Boston race on April 15, resulted in the deaths of three people with more than 170 others injured. (Photo by Jared Wickerham/Getty Images)

Print
Email
|

Associated Press

Posted on April 17, 2013 at 2:02 PM

Updated Wednesday, Apr 17 at 2:11 PM

BOSTON (AP) — Workers have returned to a Boston federal courthouse that was evacuated because of a bomb threat amid reports of a breakthrough in the marathon bombings investigation.

Nikki Credic-Barrett, a spokeswoman for the U.S. Marshals Service in Washington, says a security sweep was conducted because of the bomb threat.

Court workers got back inside the building about an hour after the evacuation.

Crowds of reporters are gathered outside. The FBI and the U.S. attorney's office in Boston say no arrests have been made in the marathon bombing.

Attorney Francis DiMento says he was in a hearing when someone came over the loudspeaker and told everyone to get out. The courthouse has a day care attached and at least one crib was wheeled out.

Print
Email
|