Smoky fire kills woman in Edmonds apartment

Print
Email
|

Associated Press

Posted on January 22, 2013 at 7:03 PM

EDMONDS, Wash. (AP) — A smoky fire that killed an Edmonds apartment resident was caused by a reading lamp falling onto bedding.

Snohomish County Fire District 1 spokeswoman Leslie Hynes says a clamp came loose and the light fell on the bed.

Neighbors who saw smoke reported the fire Monday night. Firefighters put out a small fire and found the body.

One neighbor told KING a woman lived alone in the apartment.

Hynes says damage is estimated at $50,000 to the one unit. Other residents in the six-unit building were able to return to their apartments.

Print
Email
|