4 in Spokane Valley treated for carbon monoxide

Print
Email
|

Associated Press

Posted on November 30, 2012 at 9:32 AM

SPOKANE, Wash. (AP) — Spokane Valley firefighters say they sent three adults and an infant to hospitals for treatment of carbon monoxide poisoning.

The fire department says crews had responded to a medical call at a home and were treating a 21-year-old woman Thursday morning when their carbon monoxide monitors sounded an alarm.

A local utility was investigating the source of the gas.

The condition of the four people was not known.

Carbon monoxide is a colorless, odorless, tasteless gas that can cause sudden illness and even death. It is found in combustion fumes. Common symptoms of poisoning include headache, dizziness, weakness, nausea and confusion.

Print
Email
|