MEDFORD, Ore. (AP) — The investigation of bomb threats at Oregon's county courthouses isn't yet a federal case.
The FBI tells the Medford Mail Tribune (http://bit.ly/10fvWR7) it's not investigating, despite the similarity to recent spates of threats in Washington state and Nebraska.
FBI spokeswoman Beth Anne Steele says it has offered assistance, but the case is being handled by state and local investigators so far.
Medford Lt. Mike Budreau says it's unlikely the man who seems to have made all the Oregon threats Monday is actually in Oregon, and it's unlikely a local agency will "break the case wide open." But a detective will be assigned to try to track the call to Jackson County.
The threats, all within about 90 minutes, went to 28 courthouses and a building that houses the State Police.
Information from: Mail Tribune, http://www.mailtribune.com/