America's largest shopping mall will be closed on Thanksgiving this year, and it's not the only shopping center that will have darkened windows.
The 520 stores in the Mall of America will have the option to remain open, though many will likely decide to close their doors.
The mall will officially re-open at 5 a.m. the day after Thanksgiving to kick off its Black Friday festivities.
In addition to the Mall of America closure, other stores are opting to remain closed on Thanksgiving across the country.
If you were planning on knocking out some pre-black Friday shopping at Marshalls or IKEA you may want to skip the trip. Here's a list compiled by BestBlackFriday.com of other stores that will be closed on Thanksgiving:
- American Girl
- AT&T (Customer Service Closed; Select Retail Locations Closed)
- Bed Bath & Beyond (Select Locations; Shoppers should call their local store)
- Cabela’s (Retail closed; Call Centers Open)
- Crate and Barrel
- GameStop (5 a.m. Black Friday opening)
- Guitar Center
- Hobby Lobby
- Home Depot
- Jo-Ann Fabric & Craft Stores
- Mattress Firm
- Neiman Marcus
- Nordstrom (non-store employees working )
- Outdoor Research
- Pier 1 Imports
- Sam's Club
- The Container Store
- T.J. Maxx
Follow @MaryBowerman on Twitter.