COLFAX, Wash. – Colfax Police determined a 12-year-old boy’s story about being abducted was made up.
On Wednesday around 6:30 p.m. a father brought his 12-year-old son to the Colfax Police Department to report that his son had been abducted and taken to a home in Colfax. The boy said around 3:00 p.m. a man grabbed him from behind and forced him into a black SUV near the 6th Street Bridge next to Jennings Elementary School.
Officers said they investigated the allegation throughout the night. By Thursday morning, investigators began following up on lead in an effort to corroborate the boy’s story. After several hours, police said they gathered information that discredited the boy’s statement.
Officials said they called the boy back in for a second interview and he admitted to making up the story as an alibi for coming home late.
Police said the case will be forwarded to the prosecutor’s office for review and will decide if there will be any charges.
© 2017 KREM-TV