Hazardous gas sends 6 to hospital

SPOKANE, Wash.—A hazardous gas leak at a nursing home near east Upriver Drive sent four firefighters and two staff members to the hospital Tuesday night.

Officials said the Spokane Fire Department responded to a fire alarm around 7:30 p.m. When crews arrived on the scene a leak from a hazardous gas container was discovered.

Authorities reported that about 75 residents were evacuated.

SFD’s Hazardous Materials Response Team stopped the gas leak and later allowed residents to return to the facility after the gas had cleared.

The firefighters who were exposed to the hazardous gas have been released from the hospital. The condition of the staffers is unknown.  

 

© 2017 KREM-TV


JOIN THE CONVERSATION

To find out more about Facebook commenting please read the
Conversation Guidelines and FAQs

Leave a Comment
TRENDING VIDEOS