Wood stove sparks NW Spokane fire

Wood stove sparks NW Spokane fire

Wood stove sparks NW Spokane fire

Print
Email
|

by KREM.com

KREM.com

Posted on December 16, 2012 at 4:09 PM

Updated Friday, Nov 22 at 7:51 PM

SPOKANE -- A house fire forced three adults from their Northwest Spokane home Sunday morning.

Firefighters got the call just after 9:00 a.m.

When they arrived at the house at 1814 West Mission, they saw flames and smoke.

The adults who lived in the home met firefighters when they arrived and reported that everyone had evacuated the building except for two cats and pet birds on the second floor.

Fire crews were able to rescue the pets from the heavy smoke that filled the building.

The fire was completely extinguished within one hour.

There were no injuries. The three adults who lived there are being helped by the Red Cross until their home can be repaired.

Investigators determined the fire started from a wood stove chimney which ignited a wall.
 

Print
Email
|