COEUR D’ALENE, Idaho-- A two alarm fire damaged a ninth floor condo on Thursday night at 601 E. Front Street. Firefighters arrived at the Parkside Condos around 8:00 p.m.
Neighbors called 911. Fire investigators said the neighbors spotted smoke and flames inside the building.
Coeur d’Alene Firefighters immediately called for backup when the arrived on scene. Extra fire crews came from Kootenai County Fire and Rescue and Northern Lakes Fire Department.
The fire did not activate the fire sprinkler system within the apartment. Fire investigators said the fire was not large enough.
Investigators believe an electrical issue sparked the fire. Firefighters traced the start of the fire to a built-in surround sound speaker.