SPOKANE, Wash. -- Three people suffered non-life-threatening injuries in a house fire early Wednesday.
It started as a medical call around 1:45 a.m. at a home near 4th and Magnolia.
As medics arrived they saw smoke coming from the roof, so they called in firefighters.
The three adults inside the home made their way out themselves, but suffered smoke inhalation in the process. They evacuated when they saw flames and smoke in a back bedroom.
Firefighters broke a window to let out some smoke, and they were able to knock down the fire quickly. The house sustained significant smoke damage.
There’s no word yet on what sparked the fire.
Firefighters say the cold weather made fighting the flames especially difficult.