Spokane family's dog goes missing during fire

Spokane family's dog goes missing during fire

Spokane family's dog goes missing during fire

Print
Email
|

by KREM.com

KREM.com

Posted on January 15, 2013 at 7:42 AM

SPOKANE, Wash. -- An electric heater is to blame for a house fire in Spokane.

It broke out around 5 p.m. Monday in the 1600 block of East Glass Avenue.

Firefighters arrived to find smoke popping out of the front door from a basement fire.

A portion of the crews battled the flames as others searched for the family’s dogs. They knocked down the fire within about ten minutes, but only located two of the three missing pets. The fire department says the third dog is likely in the neighborhood.

The residents and firefighters all made it out safely, but the basement and first level of the home suffered some damage.

The fire department says the heater was placed too close to combustibles.

The Red Cross is assisting the family.

Print
Email
|